Your windows 10 system is slow? Then there must be Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Error. This error eats lots of your disk space and starts new services in windows 10. Due to this issue, our system got slow and while working it annoy the users. But you do not need to worry, here we have come up with the solution. In this post, we are going to share a tutorial on “How to fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Error”. After reading this post, you will be able to solve this error. You just need to follow step by step process. Before going through the process, let’s learn more about this error.
Table of Contents
What is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?
It is a service in Windows 10, which is made to analyze the work of Windows 10 and its related software. It keeps analyzing the work cycle of complete windows, and if there is an error, then it used to send the information to the Microsoft Corporations. Then the company analyze all those reports by Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry and then they work on it and enhance the performance. So we can say that it is basically a feedback reporting service. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high usage disk space and due to that our windows system stuck.
How to Fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Error
Now your wait is going to be over here because here we have come up with the exact procedure to solve Microsoft compatibility Telemetry error. I have provided two methods to solve this error. Follow these methods
Method 1. Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry
Using group policy editor we can disable this service. After disabling this service, it will no longer use your computer disk space and this error will be solved. Follow the steps below to learn how to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry.
- First of all, you need to open the Run application in your windows. You can open it by Pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- Once the application will be open type gpedit.msc and then click Ok.
- Now you need to follow this sequence Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
- Now Double-click Allow Telemetry.
- From the option Select Disabled, then click OK.
So we have disabled this service. You can check it from Task manager that it is working or not.
Method 2: Use Registry Editor to Fix It
- Open Run application by using shortcut key Press the Windows logo key + R
- Then type ” regedit ” and click OK.
- Now Registry Editor will be open.
- Now follow this sequence HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > DataCollection.
- Now you need to Right click on DataCollection and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Then you have to name the new value Allow Telemetry then double-click Allow Telemetry.
- Set Value data to 0 and base will be Hexadecimal.
- Then click on Ok.
Here in this post, we have solved Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Error. Hope you have also done with this error. On behalf of Alltechninja, I would like to thank you for being on this post. If you are facing any kind of error or issue while solving this error. You can comment below with exact problem. We will try to help you in solving that error. Keep visiting this blog.